Sunday, September 17, 2006

A mother's prayer

Dear Lord,

I pray that you will hold my children safe in your hands. Keep evil and harm far from them. Help them to know and love you as they grow. Give them hearts that will yearn for what is right and good.

Help me to learn. Help me learn to trust that you will care for them. Help me learn that your way is always the best way. Help me to learn to be the kind of mother that they need me to be.

Give us the strength as parents to do what is right. Give us the wisdom to be good examples to them. Give us the insight to love them in a way that shows them the nature of your love.

Strengthen their hearts. Give them courage to face any of the hardships that life may throw their way.

I pray, dear God, that the tears I cry in time of sadness will give way to tears of joy.

Above all I am thankful. So very thankful. You have blessed us with such wonderful children. They couldn't be more perfect. I can't even remember life before they arrived - it is a dim hazy memory. I know I was happy but it was a different type of happiness - a less complete happiness.

You have given us such great joy. I pray that you give us strength and patience when we need it most. Help us not only endure times of trial but help us see the good that surrounds us always.

We thank you for your care and love - In Jesus name - Amen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautilly worded! You've expressed the thoughts of so many christian mothers' hearts! Thank you! May God's blessings continue to be with you all! Our love, Kathy and Dale

Nicola said...

Why are you trying to make me cry at work?!
Beautiful prayer, Berta. Almost makes me want to be a mom!
Nicola

Anonymous said...

Hi Roberta! I have been checking your site every now and then and am so glad that things are going well for your beautiful little girl. What a wonderful prayer and yes I am teary as I so connect with your sentiments! I think of you and your family often and wish you the best.
Take Care,
Vicki Elford, Estevan

Anonymous said...

Hi Roberta! I just figured out I can talk to you here. I'm crying too, but I'm at home. Thank you for sharing so much of your heart with us. You are an encouragement. All of you are in our prayers. I marvel at how God's love is shining through you.
Love Susan Hildebrandt