Thursday, September 14, 2006

Uneventful day

Today was just another day. It is amazing how routine life can become even in such a strange environment (I mean the hospital stuff not Edmonton - although...).

I had quite a few interesting experiences today and a couple nice surprises. I found out the blood clot that was in Bronwyn's leg is now gone - so I won't have to learn how to give her the blood thinner to treat it. It was the only medication that couldn't be given orally so I am glad not to have to do this.

While at the hospital I had a quick visit from Shirley and a bit later from Diesta and Laurel McMillan - they were up for Laurel's check up and popped in to see me (sorry if I misspelled the names). It was so nice to see them.

Gavin is doing great - his favourite thing to do (other than terrorizing his Grandparents) is to colour on the furniture. Apparently the wood finish on the furniture is a bit boring. His Grandma says its because he is a natural born artist. I would just like to look at something in the house without seeing crayon on it! He went to the park today even though it was cold and wet. He loves wearing his rubber boots and playing in puddles.

This evening Mom and I went to the hospital to see Bronwyn and took our neighbor - Selena. She is a little lady who is originally from Poland. She collects all sorts of nicnacs and stuff and she also collects bottles and putzes around the condo complex a lot. She is very friendly and has been very interested in Bronwyn and how she is doing. She enjoyed visiting our girl - I think. We visited as we drove over and we found out that she has a PHD in Chemistry. She came to Canada to do Research at the University of Lethbridge and then moved to the U of A. She is quite an interesting person really. We have pretty interesting neighbors here - they have been very good to us.

I was thinking today it might be fun to share with those of you who are reading our updates who else is keeping up. I have been absolutely amazed at how many people all over the world are reading about our adventures here. It has given me a bit of stage fright - but it has been an amazing support. We have all sorts of friends from Calgary - Church friends, work friends, old friends, family, new friends etc. There are friends and family in Edmonton, Camrose, Estevan, Saskatoon, Vancouver and Vancouver Island, Winnipeg, Carmen, Thunderbay, New York, Philadelphia, Florida, England, Botswana, Zimbabwe and all sort of places in between.

I am sure that many of you will never know how much the support - blog comments, emails, phone calls, and messages through family - have helped. I pray that most of you will never be in a situation like this but if you have you understand how the love and prayers of caring friends can carry you through some dark times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I havn't read your blog in a while, so I enjoyed reading a bunch of dates together. Each one has the power to bring tears to my eyes. There's nothing more exciting than to see God in action. We love & miss you, and continue to pray.
Love Sheri, Trevor, Trenton & Cameron