Friday, September 01, 2006

Daddy's turn


Today Daddy held Bronwyn. He held her for 20 minutes or so. We then had to leave the PICU as they were doing a procedure on someone else's child. The unit was closed for an hour or so and shortly after that they moved Bronwyn to the NICU. This is a big step for us as this means that she is stable and not critical enough to stay in the PICU.

What a great feeling to have Wes holding our daughter! We had about a half an hour after she was born where we were able to hold her and we haven't been able to hold her since. This was a big step for both of us. Bronwyn loves being held - she snuggles in and goes to sleep. She was very content in her Daddy's arms. Wow that warmed her mother's heart.

As for our other off-spring, Master Davis, he is all about Daddy these days. Mommy is SO NOT COOL! But he still isn't above falling asleep in his Mommy's arms if need be. He came in with Wes the other day when I was holding Bronwyn - he was quite confused by that and kept pointing at the bed and saying Baby. I think he felt that she should be where she normally was.

We will see what tomorrow holds for our girl - hopefully she just continues to improve. I may not do daily posts soon if her progress is slow but steady. I don't want to go overboard with this Blog thing. Of course I could fill pages of Gavin's antics - but he'd likely be embarrassed by all the attention (not likely).

Although we have been facing many struggles lately I wouldn't trade it for the world. I am so happy with my family. God has blessed my life so richly. Bronwyn absolutely belongs with us and we couldn't be happier with her and her older brother. The future holds many joys for both my children and Wes and I get to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Oh, I almost forgot - we have an update on Quinn. There was another baby that was ahead of Quinn in the line for getting a heart. He got a heart yesterday, I spoke to his elated Grandpa this morning. So now Quinn is at the top of the list. So keep praying for a heart for him.

2 comments:

Eric said...

It is nice to be able to catch up with family that is so far away. I found after a year that daily blogging was not possible, but I try to do one a week at least.

Anonymous said...

Hi Wes and Roberta
God is so good! We are so thankful to Him for the wonderful healing your little one is experiencing! We have really enjoyed the pictures!

Wes, we have thought and talked of your parents a lot lately -- what good times we shared! They would be so pleased with you and your family!

God's blessings continue to be with you! Our love, Dale and Kathy