Monday, September 18, 2006

More thoughts


We had a good day today. Gavin woke up looking for his Daddy - tough for me to explain since he doesn't have any clue where home is and why Daddy would leave to go there. So I just tell him Daddy is at work. He really is a cute little man our Gavers! He was trying to get Bronwyn to hold his finger tonight. Fast forward 10 years and he will likely be still saying to her - "Pull my finger."

My Mom was watching Deal or No Deal tonight. I couldn't get over how much Howie Mandel looks like Malcolm McMillan!

They changed Bronwyn's feeding tube so that it deposits food in her stomach - it had been putting the food in her intestine. This is another step on the adjusting to food ladder. This evening she seemed to be tolerating it well. I don't know if they had given her any meds yet. So we just wait and see what tomorrow brings and hopefully she handles it well.

The parking attendants continue to be the friendliest ever. They have really taken us under their wings!

I am tired and if Bronwyn hadn't been facing a new step today I likely wouldn't have gone back tonight - but I am glad I did as she was doing well.

I ask now for prayers for Quinn and his family. The waiting for a heart to come is really trying and difficult. We have been praying that God will be merciful and spare them a long wait. I'd like to ask those of you who pray to keep praying for Quinn. Kim worded it so sweetly on her web page. She said that is we all get busy and pray maybe God would speed up the paperwork. So please pray!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Roberta!

Just wanted to say we are still thinking about you and your family. We are always so thrilled to hear how well Bronwyn is doing. We can't wait to hear the news that you are headed back to Calgary. I can only imagine how hard it must be to be patient at times when you are so eager to get back home.

Love,
Erin and Drew