Friday, September 15, 2006

More visitors


We had a busy day today and for the first time in a long time it wasn't Bronwyn who made it busy. Wes drove up this morning and just after he arrived Hope & Kids and Melanie and Cadence arrived. They drove up just to come see us! How nice eh? Cadence who is only 2 months old did very well I guess. I have to confess I get such a bang out of Dawson - Hope and Darcy's youngest. He is so much fun. He apparently has no fear - doesn't mind falling over a fair bit and will by the looks of it put almost anything in his mouth! And he's only 15 years old - JUST Kidding - he's 10 months.

Wes and I went over with Hope & Mel (and kids) to the hospital to show off our sweet girl. She is doing well today - they have increased her feeds again. She is apparently doing well and gaining weight well so they want to give her as much as she will tolerate. She is basically back up to her birth weight - a great milestone. It seems shocking to be pleased to see your child reach her birth weight a month after she was born - but she has been through an awful lot and it is a very good sign.

I am so happy to have Wes back for the weekend. We are really hoping to be returning home early next week - but I was really hoping to be returning the early part of last week! So we will just wait and see. Gavin was also really happy to see his Dad. He is sitting on my lap at the moment (fun typing) looking at pictures of his baby sister and our family.

Well - this is getting harder to do with the little man on my lap - so this is all for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you guys today. We had an uneventful trip home, so that was good. I can't believe how alert and gorgeous Bronwyn is! I think that she is an angel - for people reading Roberta's blog, while we were visiting today, Bronwyn's surgeon came in to check up on her and I swear that she smiled when she heard his voice! It was sweet! We hope that you are all home soon!
Love, Hope (and kids)