Monday, September 04, 2006

Ups and Downs


This is a picture of Gavin playing on one of the computers at the hospital. Shortly after he started playing on it the computer stopped functioning - who knows why! He has been a very good and patient boy with all this hospital stuff.

We had quite a turbulent day today. When we arrived at the hospital there was a doctor there ready to do a procedure on Bronwyn. We left them to do what they needed to do and when we returned they were still busy with her. Her main IV line had come out during the procedure so they needed to redo that. This took quite a long time and another doctor had to come and help him. I was informed that our daughter is very lucky as the doctor that came to assist is super good at inserting IVs and he was supposed to be on vacation but popped in for an hour or so. We were just lucky he was there to help out.

They resolved all their issues eventually and the test results returned with fairly good news. It seems for now that what they were concerned about isn't happening to Bronwyn. Good news. I called in this evening and they had to do a blood transfusion - the nurse figured it may be a bi-product of the activity today. I hope this is the case. Any how, we will wait to see what the morning brings - hopefully her x-rays are positive.

I was quite upset today but left with more hope. They are monitoring her condition so carefully and are very quick to react to any symptoms that occur. This is great to know and I am pleased that they have a course of action for the all the changes in her status. They are looking after my baby very well. While this is a comfort it is still a real roller coaster for me.

We are happy for now and I am hopeful tomorrow's news will show that Bronwyn is back on the road to recovery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi all,
Be strong and hang steady, my dear ones. My heart is with you all the way and of course,you know my prayers are continously with you.
It would be so wonderful if there were no potholes along this read, but I am so thankful you have a ready construction crew.
Little Gavin is a wonder isn't he! I loved the look of concern on his face as he looked at his little sis! He gets it and he will grow up to fight for her just like Uncle Jon will for his sis. Ok,ok,I am not promoting he grow up violent! Just keep him out of hockey. Sorry Jon,love you anyway!)
Will await tonight's news,praying it will be on the uspwing.
Love Joan

Anonymous said...

We hope that today brought all good news. All of you and especially beautiful Bronwyn are forefront in our thoughts and prayers.
Lots of love and loads of blessings!
Kim, Linz, Aiden and Liam