Saturday, September 09, 2006

Not much news



I don't have much to report today. We are still just waiting to see how Bronwyn does with her feeds. She was still doing quite well - so we are feeling pretty optimistic but we will be happier when we are given word that she is out of the woods (at least cleared on the fluid issue).

We have been told that we will likely be transferred back to Calgary mid next week. Don't hold me to this though. This is completely dependent on beds and Bronwyn's stability.

I wanted to share a couple pictures I took today. I put Gavin's finger in Bronwyn's hand. He was pretty pleased with that - for a short time. He tried to pull his finger back but she had a fairly strong grip on it. He then looked at me and pointed at his finger and said "Off, off".

We had a super nice visit with Andrea and Mike Reid this evening. They came up from Calgary to see us. It was just great to get to visit with close friends. They seemed pretty impressed with our girl (and our son too). Andrea is the first person beside Wes and me to hold Bronwyn (well except the hospital staff).

I am trying not to get to excited but I am thrilled at the idea that we could be home by this time next week! I am so excited because I was sure that I would have to miss the shower for Melanie and her new baby Cadence - but who knows I may make it.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

what beautiful children! Your updates are so great Berta, I enjoy hearing all the news of Bronwyn as well as the other children! Prayers and blessings to you all! Love Sarah

Anonymous said...

Looks like Gavin is taking to his big brother role quite well! Looking forward to seeing you all soon! Nic and James

Anonymous said...

I hope you can go home soon. We are all praying for you in Estevan.
Love,
June Muirhead