Saturday, September 16, 2006

I think it's Saturday?

I tell ya - it is so hard to tell what day it is. In fact I have a hard time figuring out if something occurred yesterday or earlier today. So much of what we do is just the same every day. I know it is the weekend because Wes is here. We have ups and downs and set backs and little triumphs - but at this stage they aren't big dramatic things like surgeries and breathing tubes. They are however very important and many are equally life altering for Bronwyn. But there is definitely a sameness about the days. I guess I should thank God for that as big changes and real drama would not mean progress at this stage.

We met Tom and the kids at the hospital today. It was the first time Josh & Kennedy could see Bronwyn as they were to young to go into the NICU. Jared has seen her a couple times. They all got to hold her. They were so sweet with her - I am so proud of those kids! Bronwyn will get a chance to meet her other cousins - Robbie & Carissa when we get to Calgary - although I doubt I will let them hold her.

Wes had some quality time with his girl. I truly believe that Bronwyn has a very similar disposition to her Dad. She is very observant and alert, but very placid and calm. The nurses all like to work with her because she is such a quiet and sweet baby.

Gavin has also enjoyed having Daddy home. He has taken to calling his Grandma "Betty" - I think its from hearing Grandpa talk with Mom. He calls his Grandpa "Pops." He gets up in the morning and starts saying "Pops? Pops?" I have to restrain him from waking up his Grandparents.

I must confess that I am getting extremely anxious to get home. Bronwyn is stable enough to move and Calgary could work on the feeding issues that we are dealing with now. But I am trying to be patient. Those of you who know me will understand that this is likely the biggest test that I have been through. I am not good at waiting. I keep reminding myself that if we are still here there is a good reason. I believe that we will be moved when it is the best thing for Bronwyn - God will make sure of that. This is likely a test of my ability to trust God and wait for things to happen in his time. This is just not one of my strengths!!

I wasn't going to do a post tonight - but I had a couple nice picts to put up (but I can't post them for some reason) - so I thought I'd blab on a bit. That should be enough for now.

No comments: